QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, SC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6282 Single Channel SC Duplex A/B Switch, with RS232 Remote
- Ideal for Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) purchase applications.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) SC Duplex, multimode, Fiber Optic rear panel connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Front-panel pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel red LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE PORT: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- WAVELENGTH: 850nm.
- FIBER SIZE: 62.5/125.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop: 8.13"W x 2.40"H x 7.76" D. (20.7 x 6.1 x 19.8 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 1.6 lbs. (0.8 kg)
SC DUPLEX, MULTI-MODE A/B APPLICATION w/RS232 REMOTE: The drawing illustrates a Fiber Optic Network connected to the SC Duplex, multimode COMMON port with access to two other Fiber Optic Networks connected to the SC Duplex, multimode A and B ports respectively. The unit switch position can be controlled using RS232 ASCII commands via the DB9 REMOTE port. The ASCII RS232 commands can be used to lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- All A, B, and COMMON ports are SC Duplex, Multi-Mode, 62.5/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 850nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
- Optical Scalability.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified, SC fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The QuickSwitch® 6282 Single Channel SC Duplex A/B Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the "COMMON" port, between two other devices, connected to the "A" and "B"ports with remote access functionality. The QuickSwitch® 6282 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manuallyoperating the front panel push button or remotely from the DB9 female serial interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel Led display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
Wide Range Power Option Available: (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS and UL listed table mount power module,100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
- This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
The Specification Sheet for Model 6282 is available translated into Polish: Click here to view Spec Sheet in Polish
QuickSwitch® ® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Interfaces include: SC, ST, LC, and ESCON. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches. COTS or Customized Switches are Available
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our On-Line Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form: /Products-Custom/Fiber-Switch/
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification. All ESL products are available for export.